- Part 1: Seven Common Web Spreading Systems
- Part 2: Concave Web Spreading Rollers
- Part 3: Bowed Web Spreading Rollers
- Part 4: Bent Pipe and D-Bar Web Spreading Rollers
- Part 5: Dual Spreader Rollers
- Part 6: Expander Web Spreading Rollers
- Part 7: Edge Pull Web Spreading Rollers
- Part 8: Benefits of Web Flattening without Web Spreading Rollers
Dual Spreader Rollers used on Narrow Slit Webs
There are several types of Dual Spreader Rollers that are occasionally used for the spreading of narrow slit webs. The Dual Bowed Spreader Roller, as seen in Figure 6, consists of two bowed rollers pointing perpendicular to the ingoing and outgoing web runs. The amount of spread may be adjusted by pivoting the spreaders or by changing bow magnitudes.
The Pos-Z Spreader Roller, as seen in Figure 7, consists of two air float bars pointed upstream. Finally, another version is a Bowed Spreader Roller followed by a D-Bar Spreader Roller. The dual spreader rollerss operate by entirely different principles than their single element counterparts.